Click on link above for all links and specific information. This information has been added to the Friends of Choate site to let the community know about the camp.
We are very excited that we have merged our Summer Adventures program (formerly at Burke School) with Summer Adventures Camp at Choate Park. We will explore, create and play at Choate Park together. Great space, great fields, great program – now combining the best of both programs. Join us for Summer Adventures Camp at Choate Park!
- tennis & beach volleyball courts
- basketball & wall ball games
- fields for fun games, including soccer, kickball and dodgeball
- enormous waterslide & other water activities
- arts & crafts, science activities, cooking projects, games and so much more
- weekly visits by professional entertainers to delight and amuse all
- free frozen treats
- rainy days are never a problem – simply drop-off/pick-up at the Thayer House, located on the Choate Park property
- field trips at no additional fee
- Mondays – Meet & Greet; Design a Camp T-Shirt; Wacky Waterslide
- Tuesdays – Pool Time at the Franklin YMCA
- Wednesdays – Fun & Games with F.A.S.T. Athletics; Wacky Waterslide
- Thursdays – Pool Time at the Franklin YMCA
- Fridays – Pizza Lunch; Wacky Waterslide
Ages – Children entering Kindergarten through Grade 8
- 5 day program – Monday-Friday
- 3 day program – Choose any three days of the week; must specify days when registering
Dates – We offer 8 weeks beginning Monday, June 27 through Friday, August 19
- Full Day 9:00am-4:00pm
- Early Drop-Off 7:30am
- Late Pick-Up 5:00pm
- Full Day – 5 days – $150/week
- Full Day – 3 days – $100/week
- Early Drop-Off – $12/day
- Late Pick-Up – $10/day
- Both Early & Late Options – $18/day
- Deadline – All registrations must be received no later than Thursday the week before attending camp. Registrations will not be accepted at camp check-in.
- Summer Coordinator – Highly-trained and available to families to answer questions and address concerns.
- Head Counselors – Energetic and highly-qualified teachers who bring with them years of experience, creative ideas and tons of enthusiasm.
- Counselors – Experienced and able to lead group activities, games, programs and always ensure safety.
- Leaders-in-Training – Always ready to lend a hand throughout the day.
What to Bring
- Backpack with a water bottle, towel, hat, sunscreen, socks and sneakers. You may wear flip flops/sandals, but sneakers and socks are required for some games and activities.
- Bathing suits should be worn under clothing every day.
- Lunchbox with a healthy lunch, several snacks and an ice pack. Group snacks are often prepared throughout the day. Please indicate all food allergies when registering.
- Sunscreen must be applied before drop-off.
- Remember to label everything!
- All children must be signed-in and out every morning and afternoon by a parent or guardian. Head staff must be notified if there are any changes to the person picking up at the end of the day. A driver’s license must be presented at pick-up.
- Medications must be give to the Summer Coordinator on the first day of camp. If your child is on medication, please administer before leaving home. If medication is required during the day, a note from both the doctor and parent is required.
Directions to Choate Park – Click on the link in LOCATIONS
Volunteer & Paid Employment Opportunities
- Leader-in-Training (LIT) – The Community Education Department is offering a Summer Adventures Camp internship program for students ages 14-16. A minimum 4-week commitment is required. There is a $25 per week fee for all accepted interns. If interested, send an email to email@example.com no later than Thursday, May 5th. A limited number of candidates will be selected and called for an interview by Monday, May 23rd.
- Camp Counselor – The Community Education Department is offering a Summer Adventures Camp Counselor paid position for people ages 16 and up. The Camp runs from June 27th-August 19th. If interested, print the Summer Employment Application found on our website www.medwayce.org. Mail your completed application to Community Ed, 16 Cassidy Lane, Medway, MA 02053 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received no later than Monday, April 25th. A limited number of candidates will be selected and called for an interview by Friday, May 6th.